This bacon wrapped asparagus is a fun way to dress up your favorite veggie! You can make this bacon wrapped asparagus recipe for a tasty side dish for dinner or you can make them for an easy appetizer for a party. Either way, they’re delicious!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS (fitfoodiefinds.com)
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS IN THE OVEN?
- You cook asparagus for 18-22 minutes in the oven, depending on how crunchy you like your bacon.
WHAT TEMPERATURE TO COOK BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS?
- Bake the bacon wrapped asparagus at 400ºF.
HOW DO YOU COOK BACON WRAPPED ASPARAGUS ON THE GRILL?
- Heat grill to 400ºF and then place a piece of tin foil down on the grill. Next, lay bacon wrapped asparagus on tin foil. Grill for 18-20 minutes.
HOW DO YOU TRIM ASPARAGUS SPEARS?
- Usually, if you bend asparagus, it will break where the tender part of the asparagus meets a thicker portion of the asparagus that is not that appetizing to eat. Otherwise, use a knife to cut off the ends of the asparagus. Cut where the asparagus begins to get a bit thicker. It sometimes has a slightly different color.
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
- 2 lb fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 12 slice bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Divide asparagus spears into 12 bundles (3-4 pieces each). Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each bundle, starting 1/2″ from bottom of the tips. Secure the bacon-wrapped asparagus with a toothpick. Arrange bundle in a shallow baking pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; heat mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Pour mixture over asparagus bundles.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until spears have begun to wilt and bacon looks fully cooked. Enjoy!