– 1⁄4 cup flour
– 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
– 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
– 1 lb beef liver
– 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
– oil, to taste
– 2 cups thinly sliced onions
– 1 -2 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
– 1⁄2 cup beef stock
– 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
– 1 tablespoon minced Italian parsley
— In a bag, combine flour, salt, and pepper.
— Cut the liver into 1/2-inch strips and coat with seasonings in a bag. Remove from the equation.
– Melt 2-3 tablespoons butter in a skillet with a dash of oil.
– Cook the onions in a skillet over medium heat until they are soft and shiny.
– Toss with sage, salt, and pepper and serve as a side dish.
– Add 3-4 tablespoons butter and a dash of oil to the skillet and return to high heat.
– Add the liver and cook for 5 minutes, or until it browns.
– The meat should be somewhat pink on the inside.
– Return the onions to the pan and cook them up.
– Remove the liver and onions from the pan and place them on a platter.
– Deglaze pan with stock and wine, then reduce liquid until you get a thicker sauce.
– Drizzle over the liver and onions, top with parsley, and serve.