FOR THE BROWNIES:
– 1 box (18.3 oz.) fudge brownie mix
FOR THE TOPPING:
– 1 bar (4 oz.) German chocolate bar, finely chopped
– 4 tbsp. ( 1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
– 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
– 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
– 1 tub (16 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
– Chocolate curls or mini chocolate chips, for decorating (optional)
– Prepare and bake the brownies as directed on the package. Allow to cool completely after removing from the oven.
— In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the German chocolate chunks and butter for 30 seconds on HIGH. Melt for another 15 seconds after stirring. Stir until the mixture is smooth and melted.
– Beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar into the melted chocolate mixture until smooth. Half of the whipped topping (8 oz.) should be folded in.
– Spread the cooled brownies with the French silk filling. Top with the remaining whipped topping and, if desired, chocolate curls.
Before cutting into squares, chill for at least 4 hours, or until set.