This bread is excellent! I followed the recipe perfectly, but I left out the fruit and nuts. It was delicious and really moist. not very cinnamon-y A few weeks ago, I made the starting and frozen it in 1-cup baggies. I can now make this quick and easy bread whenever I want!
Delicious and moist bread. It was simple to reduce the fat content while maintaining the dish’s fantastic flavor.
This is a yearly tradition in our home. Many of my friends beg me for a starting, but I prepare it slightly differently because I age my starter for a longer time than usual. Once the preparation is complete, baking may begin. This recipe is the greatest; we stop after the flour and can then add whatever we choose to the loaf. Sometimes it contains cinnamon alone, cherries, chocolate chips, coconut, or all three. We even made miniature marshmallows. We simply let the kids choose the kind of bread they want to cook or consume this time. Whatever you add, it will still be really tasty and fantastic tasting.
The bread is delicious and brown. Put whipped cream on top and microwave food for best results.
really good Whenever I can, I make this. One technique I like to do to make it even more delectable is to fill the loaf pan halfway with half the batter, then top that with cinnamon and sugar before adding the remaining batter and finishing it with more cinnamon and sugar.
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1 large egg
1 c buttermilk
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 c sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Cream together butter, 1 cup of sugar, and eggs.
2. Add milk, flour, and baking soda .
3. Put 1/2 of batter (or a little less) into greased loaf pan.
4. Mix in separate bowl the 1/3 c sugar and cinnamon.
5. Sprinkle 3/4 of cinnamon mixture on top of the 1/2 batter.
6. Add remaining batter to pan.
7. Sprinkle with last of cinnamon topping. Swirl with a knife.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 min. or until toothpick tester come clean. Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from pan.